Kirk Montoute LLP
Schedule A Confidential Consultation:
587-331-7845 | 877-563-5295
Request more information by email
Close This Form

Complete and submit the quick form to receive more information about our legal services or to request a confidential consultation with one of our legal professionals.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Posts tagged "Family Law; matrimonial property; advance of matrimonial property"

Applying For An Advance Of Matrimonial Property

In Family Law, division of matrimonial property often involves protracted litigation. In certain circumstances a party can apply to the courts to have an interim advance of funds made to them from the matrimonial property prior to an order or agreement setting out the final division of the matrimonial property. Whether or not the court will allow  an advance of funds is highly discretionary, meaning the Judge hearing the matter will look at the facts of the case and determine whether he/she thinks that it is wise or fair to allowan advance of funds from the matrimonial property. Some of the factors the Judge will consider include:

Like/Follow Us On These Social Media Apps:

Go Back To The Top Of This Page