Kirk Montoute LLP
Schedule A Confidential Consultation:
587-331-7845 | 877-563-5295
Request more information by email
Close This Form

Complete and submit the quick form to receive more information about our legal services or to request a confidential consultation with one of our legal professionals.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an lawyer-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

October 2014 Archives

How does divorce affect one's taxes?

A variety of financial concerns have to be taken into account when a marriage breaks down, and it may be necessary to call upon accountants, financial advisors and business valuators to provide an accurate picture of each spouse's financial situation and how the matrimonial assets should be divided.

What property is exempt from division in an Alberta divorce?

The Matrimonial Property Act (MPA) is the Alberta law used to classify and distribute property when a marriage ends. The basic presumption of the law is that matrimonial property and debts will be divided equally between the spouses.

3 effective ADR options for divorcing spouses

For spouses who have chosen to separate, alternative dispute resolution -- ADR -- can be an efficient and cost-effective way of coming to an agreement on matters such as child custody, spousal support and division of matrimonial property. In contrast with litigation, ADR processes provide a non-adversarial setting where the parties can reach a mutually agreeable solution.

How does one change a child support order in Alberta?

Changing a child support order in Alberta can be a complex process that requires knowledge of the correct forms and statutes to use, as well as careful preparation. Whether you are the payor or recipient of child support, it is a good idea to have a lawyer advise you of your legal rights and obligations. Also, the courts require that parties engage in a Dispute Resolution Hearing (mediation) before bringing an Application or Claim for child support, including any variation in child support.  A lawyer can help in every step of the process, from preparing the Application/Claim and Affidavit, as well as representing you in court or a hearing/mediation before a Dispute Resolution Officer.

Like/Follow Us On These Social Media Apps:

Go Back To The Top Of This Page